Hyper Back extentions is a lower back exercise targeting the lower back muscles. This exercise will help you in gaining strength, and correct body posture as well. It works on your lower back, buttocks and hamstrings. Hyperextension is rated:- 8 out of 10 –EXCELLENT.
hyper is very effective back exercise amongst all other back exercises. Incorrect form of this exercise may lead to back pains and many back problems, so correct form is very important.
Hyperextenions Correct Form:
- Place your thighs firmly against the pads of hyperextension machine.
- You should not come up more than your straight body, assuming a long board kept on you, parallel to your legs, this should be the alignment.
- Place your hands across your chest and start
- Lower your upper body at the waist until it is perpendicular to the floor.
- Do not give jerks to your back while in motion change. Exhale as you go up and inhale as you swing down.
- Your full body should be aligned as you go up to max.
- You may do 4 sets, 10-12 repetitions each.
Hyper Extension Video will help you understand:
To add resistance to the exercise, you can hold a weight plate to your chest.
In hyper extension Muscles worked are pinal erectors, buttock, and hamstrings. Check the Muscle Map for details of these muscles.