Incline Bench Press
Inclined Bench Press is similar to Flat Bench Press. It works on the pectorals, deltoids, and triceps muscle group. But more of the workload is placed on the upper chest. You may perform this exercise using dumbbells or barbell. Incline Press Rating:- 9.0 out of 10 –EXCELLENT.
Lifting up heavy weight is not prior to the correct way of performing that particular exercise. The correct form of any exercise will lead to gain in muscle mass as well as shape.
Inclined Bench Press Correct Form:
- Lower the barbell, till your upper chest portion is touched.
- Moving only your arms, Press the bar up to the starting position until it is locked out.
- You should feel the pressure on your chest at this position.
- Keep your elbows tucked in as you lower the bar.
- To avoid excess strain on the shoulder joints, do not let your upper arms go straight out to the sides.
Even if you don’t need help in lifting the weight, still you should have a trainer partner spot you in case you need help in between or support for balance in movement.
This video will help you understand this exercise:
In Inclined Bench Press exercise, the muscles worked are : pectorals, deltoids, and triceps. Check the Muscle Map for details of this muscle and its location.