Dumbbell Concentration curls is an effective isolation exercise for biceps. This is a good exercise for getting a peak concentration in the muscles. Concentration Curls is rated:- 9 out of 10 — EXCELLENT. Though it seems easy to perform, no one seems to be doing it correctly.
Correct Form of every exercise is prior to lifting heavy weights, thus proper technique is very important for maximum muscle gain.
Dumbbell Concentration Curls Correct Form:
- Sit at the corner of a bench, with your legs far apart as shown above.
- Grab a light dumbbell with one hand.
- Place your elbows on your knee and fully straighten your arm.
- Place the other hand on other knee, to balance your body.
- Now, using your bicep strength, move only your forearms and curl til the top at shoulder level.
- You should feel the pressure on only your biceps at this position.
- Now slowly lower the dumbbell till the starting position.
- Repeat all the steps, do 3-4 sets with 10-12 res. each.
Concentration Curls Video will help you understand:
- In isolation exercises like Concentration Curls for biceps, Use lighter weights and really focus on using perfect exercise form.
- Proper form will not only help prevent injuries, but also will considerably increase lean mass. So do follow everything given in this page.
Concentration Curls Muscles Used:
Check our Muscle Map for details of these muscles and their positions in our body.