|Real Name||John Christopher Depp II|
|Nickname||Mr. Stench, Colonel, Donkey|
|Profession||Hollywood Film Actor, Producer, Director, Musician, Screenwriter|
|Race, Ethnicity||White, Multiracial – English, Drench, Irish and German.|
|Dead or Alive||Alive|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1963|
|Age (as in 2019)||56|
|Where was Johnny Depp Born||Owensboro, Kentucky, USA|
|Height in feet||5 ft 10 in|
|Height in meters||1.70 m|
|Weight||78 kg (172 pounds)|
|Chest Size||40 in|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||V-shaped cheekbones, 13 tattoos all over the body.|
|Marriage Date||Lorie Anne Alison (Makeup artist) -1983|
Amber Heard – 2015
- Johnny Depp’s estimated Net Worth is $450 million.
|Parents||Father– John Christopher Depp, a civil engineer|
Mother– Betty Sue (aka Elizabeth Betty), a waitress
|Siblings||Brother– Daniel Depp (Screenwriter)|
Sisters– Debbie Depp and Christi Dembrowski
|Children||Son– John Christopher Depp III|
Daughter– Lily-Rose Melody Depp (an Actress)
Johnny absolutely loves his daughter Lily and likes to watch animated cartoon movies with her whenever he gets time. The Dad-Daughter duo made headlines after Depp reportedly disapproved Lil-Rose’s boyfriend.
- In 1997, Johnny Depp was arrested by the police after he trashed a famous hotel in New York.
- In 2015, during his visit to Australia, he illegally carried his dogs along with him on the flight.
- He once called the entire Americans as ‘Dumb’. This became a major controversy and attracted stark criticism.
- His claims of being a native American is still dubious and questioned ubiquitously as there is no evidence in his support.
- Johnny Depp is recognized as one of the most versatile actors in Hollywood. Also, popularly known as The Jack Sparrow of Pirates of Carrabin.
- He headed the IMDB list of Top 50 most famous Hollywood Actors and Actresses, 2018.
- Did you know? He dropped out of his school – Miramar High School, Miramar, Florida, USA, at the age of 15 years to become a musician, and could never complete his formal education. Thankfully, to be an actor, education qualification is not a criterion anywhere in the world.
- His interest in music began after he was gifted a guitar on his 12th birthday by his mother. Actually, his mother wanted to keep him busy in something productive as otherwise all day he used to make annoying sounds from his mouth and frivolously play with light switches.
- Johnny Depp belongs to a very poor family. He lived his childhood in poverty. Adding to the burden, his lack of education forced him to perform menial jobs throughout his life.
- He was very close to his grandfather, who unfortunately died when he was just 7 years old. After this incidence, Depp’s family moved from Kentucky to Florida.
- Crime drama TV series Lady Blue was his first TV show in which he was seen only in one episode after that he was kicked out.
- His debut movie was A Nightmare on Elm Street
- His parents divorced each other when he was only 15. This impacted his studies, personal life, and future dramatically.
- Despite being a fantastic musician and guitarist, Johnny Depp has not yet released his first music album!
- Even after getting married to Lori Anne Allison, he had to work as a salesman to support himself and his wife.
- His wife, Lori Anne Allison, worked as a lucky charm for him as the foundation of his career as an actor was established when he was on a trip with her and met Nicolas Cage (an actor) in Los Angeles, California, who somehow saw inherent talent in him and advised to try for acting.
- He made a modest beginning in Hollywood with a low budget film A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).
- The turning point of his career as an actor was the TV series 21 Jump Street (1987), as his role as an undercover cop rose him to fame and made him an overnight sensation. After that, there was no turning back for Johnny Depp.
- Did you know? The role of the cop in 21 Jump Street TV series was initially offered to Jeff Yagher, but for some reasons, he had to be replaced from it.
- Soon, Depp gave back to back hits which not only grossed hefty amounts for the Directors but also established him as a unique and vibrant artist who could play a variety of roles successfully and charm the audience.
- The 1990s were one of Johnny’s favorite decades as his popular films like Ed Wood, Donnie Brasco, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Astronaut’s Wife, Sleepy Hollow etc. came up in that era.
- In 1995, the Empire Magazine tagged him as one of the “100 Sexiest Stars in Film History”. Also, a year later, by People Magazine USA as one of the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- The number of times he has been engaged may faint a normal person!
- After his engagement with Winona Ryder, he tattooed ‘Winona forever’ on his arm. Little did he know that his engagement was momentary. In embarrassment, he had to undergo a minor surgery to alter it.
- He is the youngest amongst all of his siblings.
- He is the CEO of Infinitum Nihil (Nothing is Forever), a production company whose president is none other than his own sister.
- He has more than 10 tattoos all over his body. All depicting various life incidences and important persons.
- Johnny Depp’s daughter fell seriously ill after both of her kidneys failed. A miracle happened when a hospital named Great Ormond Street Hospital successfully cured his daughter after which he went ahead and donated $2 million to them.
- He has been associated and working closely for many years with Tim Burton (a Film Director).
- He is managed By United Talent Agency
- Since childhood, he is scared to dance!
- Johnny has been nominated for Oscars various times but has not yet managed to grab one.
- He proudly carries the Guinness World Record for being the 2011 highest paid actor. Reportedly his annual income for that year was more than $70 million.
- His dress and shoe sizes are 7 (US) and 10 (US) respectively.
- In November 2018, Johnny Depp attended McGowan’s wedding where he was asked to stop singing!
Social Media Profiles
- No official Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account of Johnny Depp was found on the internet. It is safe to assume that the star is not on social media.
- Smoking: Yes
- Drinking: Yes, he drinks quite often at parties.
- Address: He has a dedicated address for communication for all his fans which is – Johnny Depp, The Spanky Taylor Company, 3727 W. Magnolia, Suite 300, Burbank, California, 91505, United States.
- Hobbies: Playing Guitar, Singing, Dancing,
- Food Preference: Non-Vegetarian, hates chocolate since childhood, love chicken and Mexican food.
- Favorites: His favorite color is Black, favorite book is ‘The Rum Diary’, favorite band is ‘The Rolling Stones’, while London is the place where he enjoys the most.
- Cars: His garage has over 50 luxury cars which include every possible brand and type of car one can possibly imagine. From Mercedes, Ferrari, BMW, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Corvette, Audi to Range Rover SUVs, this megastar has them all. You would be amazed to know that he even had to divide his cars to settle down his divorce.
- Party Freak: Yes, he loves to party.
- Fitness: Johny Depp works out regularly and keeps himself fit by following a healthy diet plan. He is trained by a fitness trainer named Dan Isaacson who has trained top celebrities including Anne Hathaway in the past. He had to lose more than 20 pounds for his movie ‘Dark Shadows”. Overall, his diet is rich in complex carbohydrates and protein. He also likes to sip on green tea to augment his metabolism.