Pull ups or Chin Ups being One of the oldest exercise is still undisputed king in the Back exercises. Their are many variation to this exercise, but proper form of any of them gives the result. Though Pull Ups can be a bit difficult for beginners but slowly and steadily one can gain strength and be able to perform it correctly. Pull Up for Back is rated:- 9.4 out of 10 –EXCELLENT.
Pull up can can activate every muscle in your back if done in the right way. So correct form really matters for this back workout.
Chin Ups Correct Form:
- Tightly hold the inside handles on the Smith Machine, palms facing towards you and your body straight.
- You should use your forearms and biceps power to pull up.
- Exhale as you Pull yourself up, till your chin is inline with the bar.
- Slowly inhale and go down to the starting position.
- Ensure correct position and no pressure should be put on your spine due to movement.
Chin Ups video will help you understand:
- Your grip should be tight and movement should be smooth.
- Do not swing while pulling yourself up.
- Beginners may have a spotter to help chin touch the top.
Back Pulls Muscles Used:
Check the Muscle Map for details.