Rich Piana Height Weight Age, Wiki, Workout, Diet, Wife, Divorce, Death
Rich Piana Career
- Debut Movie: Planet of the Apes (2001)
- Debut TV Show: He was seen on a game show trying to scare off skinny guys and impress girls. But the situation soon turned upside down when he almost went out of breath. This was one of the first critical signs public saw which told a lot about his health condition. (Search: Rich Piana out of breath on YouTube)
- Other Movies & TV shows: Scrubs (2002); Mutant: Leaving Humanity Behind (2012 TV series); Malcolm in the Middle (2004)
- He won the International Federation of Bodybuilders (IFBB) Mr. Teen California title in 1989, IFBB Mr. California in 1998 and National Physique Committee(NPC) competitions twice, first in 2003 and then again in 2009.
- Chest- Bench Press- 495 Lbs for 3 repetitions
- Legs- Squats – 585 lbs for 2 repetitions
- Back- Deadlifts – 585 lbs for 1 rep
- Biceps- Standing Barbell Curls – 275 lbs for 3 reps
Rich Piana Controversies
- His honesty and being verbally raw and blunt especially about his steroid, attracted a lot of criticism and controversies time and again. He confessed using anabolics ever since he was a teenager and also claimed that their use is ubiquitous in the fitness industry though no one talks about them.
- A scary video in which Rich Piana was seen behaving and acting weirdly went viral on the internet. Some say that he was drunk after a party, some say that he had taken an overdose of drugs while others argue that he was having a diabetic emergency. Whatever he was going through, the video was perceived as disturbing to the viewers, and his wife Sara Piana was accused of negligence and callousness as she was busy recording him for fame and vested interest rather than calling an Ambulance or taking him to the hospital.
- He died under mysterious circumstances when he was just 46 years old. The exact cause of his death is still questioned even though many autopsy reports are conclusive is stating that cardiac arrest was the cause of Piana’s death. The shocking part is that at death his heart and liver weighed over twice the average amount for an adult male. This is a major reason which had put him at risk and created a conducive environment for such a sudden cardiac arrest. Interestingly Rich was aware of the fact that his organs were enlarged, he acknowledged that his steroid use was linked to this condition.
- Rich has been accused of using Synthol to enhance his muscle size. People have questioned his real muscle mass in the past.
- Even though he is a humble man and tries to avoid all kinds of violence, he has been in two major fights which literally gave jitters to all his fans. Rich’s fight with a bodybuilder named Mac Trucc came up in 2017 at La Fit Expo. A video went viral on the internet where Mac Trucc and his fellow mates were seen attacking Piana. The exact reasons for the quarrel are still unknown.
- Another major fight happened with a mentally challenged guy named Jason Genova. Initially, only a video in which Rich was seen giving Jason multiple slaps on camera went viral on the internet. This was perceived as an inhuman behaviour of Piana and attracted a stark hatred from everyone. It was only after Rich came forward and narrated the entire story to his fans by uploading a video on his official YouTube channel, that people understood the real scenario which made him slap Genova. Basically, Jason wanted to be a partner in Piana company which and sent him many e-mails regarding the same, to which Rich did not heed at all. This made Jason angry and asked many of his followers to send Piana life threatening emails, calls, messages etc. This had upset Piana and his family, given them sleepless nights. In the end, Rich was still being a gentleman and explained Jason not to do such things to anyone, but he did give him a couple of slap, which kind of seem justified, But this entire story was a major controversy in Rich Piana’s life.
Rich Piana Divorce
- His first wife Sara Piana has always been a controversial issue ever since Rich got married to her. Firstly their marriage happened in a hurry. Rich barely knew her for 3 months before they got married in Olympia 2015. But within a year they had a nasty divorce. The reason for their split was very ugly i.e. Sara had cheated on Rich, married him only for his wealth and to get a green card or Permanent Residency of the US. Their breakup was so unusual that Piana himself gathered the courage and opened up about it by making a comprehensive video on it, in which he shared his heart out to his fans and narrated the entire story.
- Smoking: Yes
- Drinking: Yes
- Food Preference: Both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian, heavy dependence on supplements.
- Hobbies: Playing with his dogs, taking them on in his Range Rover, Swimming, Travelling, Working out in the gym.
Interesting Facts which every Rich Piana fan should know
- Despite all the criticism he went ahead and educated people about the positive and negative sides of bodybuilding lifestyle.
- Rich was heavily influenced by Bill Cambra, an ‘old-school’ bodybuilder of his time.
- Being born and brought up in a bodybuilding environment, watching his parents and relatives in the gym every day, he started lifting at a tender age of 11 and by the time he was 15 he already started competing. At 19 years of age, he had won several awards and titles. He went ahead and competed professionally for two more decades.
- Piana rose to fame only after he stopped competing and started his business ventures. His massive physique and willingness to give knowledge about bodybuilding on the internet attracted a massive audience and fan following in a short span of time, which pushed him to grow as an entrepreneur. He opened his clothing line, endorsed various supplements, acted in Tv shows and films and eventually became the most popular man in the industry.
- Rich Piana’s biggest influences in bodybuilding and overall in life was his mother. He would admire her train in the gym each day as a kid, this gave him the inspiration to become a competitive bodybuilder like her one day.
- He publicly accepted that he had been using anabolic steroids and synthetic human growth hormone as part of his bodybuilding regimen during his 25-year career in competition, starting at a meager age of 18 years old.
- He acknowledged that steroids were harming his body, but he wanted to look different than any other bodybuilder in the world, thus he was willing to take the risks and kept going.
- His body is almost completely covered with tattoos. Rich feels that it is not only for style rather these tattoos actually make him look bigger. He has Revenge tattooed on his right arm while ‘Respect’ on his left arm.
Rich Piana Tattoo Images
Some of Rich Piana’s famous quotes:
- “If you have the choice to stay natural or do steroids, stay natural. There’s no reason to do steroids, you’re only hurting your body, you’re hurting yourself”
- “Do whatever it takes to reach your goal”
- “There are no shortcuts to a great physique. It’s pure hard work. If you’re not willing to do the hard work, then it’s the wrong sport for you. You’ve got to love it”
- “One Day You May”
- “Eat big to get big”
Rich Piana Bodybuilding Workout and Diet Plan
- His trainer was strict and disciplined while he used to compete. But it got a little liberal after he stopped doing shows.
- He used to train for 3 to 4 hours every day, 6 days a week, without excuses. He needed no motivation as this was something he loved.
- He used to mix things up and create new workouts for himself.
- Rich used to train with partners who not only pushed him to lift heavier but also assisted him in exercises. Most of the times he was seen working out with his girlfriend or wife.
- Rich emphasized on the “muscle burn” more than the weights being lifted. He said it doesn’t matter how much one lifts, all that matters is ‘how to lift to gain muscle size’. This is the reason why you may never find him lifting heavy weights like other famous bodybuilders. As the only focus was to use the correct form and focus on making the muscle work till fatigue on every set. Thus, high reps were something he preferred anytime over low reps and heavyweights.
- His favorite exercises were those performed on cables and machines than free weights. This enabled him to keep his joints healthy, ensured proper form, avoid injuries and gave better overall results. Indeed, he was like none other.
- Broadly his weekly workout session included:
Monday – Back Muscles ( 4-5 sets of 20+ reps)
Reverse Cable Fly
Bent Over Barbell Rows
Tuesday – Chest Muscles
Incline Barbell Bench Press
Flat Barbell Bench Press
Decline Dumbbell Presses
Wednesday – Leg Muscles
Leg Curl Machine
Stiff Legged Deadlift
Thursday – Shoulders/Traps Muscle Group
Dumbbell Lateral Raises
Machine Shoulder Press
Reverse Dumbbell Fly
Barbell Front Trap Raises
Friday – Arms
Cable Bicep Curls
Dumbbell Bicep Curls
Incline Dumbbell Bicep Curls
Triceps Push Downs
Overhead Triceps Extensions with Rope
Close Grip Bench Press
Rich Piana Cardio Workout
- He was not someone to inculcated cardio routine religiously in his workout sessions.
- He felt that his weightlifting sessions were so intense that he did not need any particular cardio sessions.
- Although, it was only in his last stages of life when doctors had warned him about his deteriorating heart health, that he finally bought many cardio machines like treadmill and cycles in his home and started educating people about the importance of regular cardio workouts.
- Thus, he had to include 20 to 30 minutes of cardio exercises every day after his gym workout. And also a long 50 minutes to an hour session on weekends.
Rich Piana 8 Hour Arm Workout
- He was undoubtedly admired by billions only for his huge arms.
- Even at the age of 19 years, he had over 20 inches arms which proves that his guy knew what it takes to build huge guns.
- His 8-hour arm workout almost became an internet sensation as this was something unique and sounded promising.
- He made up a video and uploaded it on his official Youtube Channel showing his entire 8-hour arm workout during which he spent the full day in the gym.
- He warned that he ain’t for everyone but only for those who like to take things on another level.
- TO prepare himself beforehand, he had a king-size breakfast 2 hours before his workout session.
- While, during the workout, he consumed 16 protein shakes in total.
Arms Workout Session 1:
Skull Crushers (also known as Barbell Triceps Extension) for Triceps using EZ barbell, 10 reps in each of the 4 sets.
Standing Barbell Curls for Biceps, 10 reps in each of the 4 sets.
Arms Workout Session 2:
One Arm Overhead Dumbbell Extension for Triceps, doing 15 reps in each of the 4 sets.
Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curls for Biceps, doing 15 reps in each of the 4 sets.
- He advised alternating between workout sessions 1 and 2 for 30 minutes each.
- Meanwhile continuously consuming protein shakes in between to avoid catabolism kicking in.
- This went on till 8 hours, 16 workout sessions and 16 shakes were over. Indeed, Whatever it takes!
Rich Piana Nutrition & Diet
- Just like his workouts, his diet plan used to be strict while he was competing.
- But later he went on a liberal diet. This doesn’t mean he ate whatever he liked.
- He ensured that the number of meals was maintained at more than 8 meals a day which increased up to 12 meals a day whenever he felt like bulking up. Yes, he could eat 12 meals a day. To get big you gotta eat big!
- He did enjoy eating whatever his body felt like.
- He always emphasized eating whole foods than going on for supplements. He would prefer eating egg whites and oats than jumping up and making a protein shake. In short: Real & Whole Food >>>>>> Protein Supplements.
- So he preferred clean, natural, healthy, nutritious food most of the time. While not being reluctant to enjoy a cheat day here and there especially while traveling.
Rich Piana 5% Nutrition
- You might have heard about Rich Piana’s nutrition line up 5% Nutrition. It was a revolution in the bodybuilding supplement industry because this was something different than what exists in the market.
- He created a few selected supplements which were not present beforehand in the market. He offered an unprecedented combination of food in the form of dietary supplements. This became the major reason for his company’s success and Rich became richer in a very short span of time.
- For those of you wondering what exactly is 5%? Then you would be astonished to know that 5 percenter represents 5% of people in the world who are ready to do whatever it takes to reach their goals.
- It’s for everybody, no matter what your goals are in life, it’s those people that want to do whatever it takes to reach those goals. A lot of people think 5% has only to do with bodybuilding but that is not true, its for everyone, no matter which field they belong to, life is not about bodybuilding alone, there is much more to life than bodybuilding, thus, for your goals, your career, your choices, your dreams, this is something to motivate you to achieve them.
- Push yourself hard, forward, to accomplish your goals. He feels he is one of those persons who are ready to do whatever it takes to reach his goals. Rich Piana even goes ahead and calls Bill gates a 5 percenter because he did not stop, kept moving forwards despite being the richest person on the planet, he improves himself every day and does whatever it takes.
- He also asks people not to stop after achieving their goals, rather be a 5 percenter and keep moving forward, do better.
- In every aspect of life, one should aim higher, be it physical goals or otherwise. One should have the mental strength to move forward, reach their goals.
- Rich Piana asks the world “are you a Five Percenter“?
- Hence by now, you should have acknowledged that Rich wasn’t an ordinary entrepreneur, his thoughts and desire were noble and big. This is why he is admired by millions of people even after his death. He really wanted to contribute to the world by doing something worth remembering.