Barbell Curls is a very effective exercise to build huge biceps and gain shape too. It is a basic movement that works on the biceps and secondarily on forearms. Your biceps workout can start best with this exercise. Barbell Curls is rated:- 8.8 out of 10 — EXCELLENT.
Correct form of every exercise is prior to lifting heavy weights. So correct form of this exercise is very important to maximise muscle gain and pump up biceps
Barbell Curls Correct Form:
- Grab a barbell with moderate weights on each side of the bar.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your elbows locked, close to the torso during all movement in this exercise.
- Now moving only your forearms, curl the barbell up using bicep strength, till the max. contraction of biceps near shoulder level.
- You should feel the pressure on your biceps at this position.
- Now slowly lower down the barbell, moving only forearms, til the starting position.
- Repeat all steps. Do 3-4 sets of Barbell Curls, with 10-12 reps each.
Standing Barbell Curls video will help you understand:
- Do not lift excess weight and use body momentum to swing the barbell while curling, instead use a lighter weight to keep the movement slow and controlled for maximum muscle gain and pumping up your biceps.
Barbell Curls Muscles Used:
Check our Muscle Map for details of these muscles and their position in our body.